In the world of Ecommerce, having a shopping cart is essential. There are so many different options for shopping carts between hosted and licensed shopping carts. One of the major downfalls of each option tends to be the cost. Most hosted platforms can cost as little as $20 a month and upwards of $500 a month. Licensed shopping carts do not require a monthly fee, but the initial costs can range from as low as $500 and upwards of $2000 for out of the box software licenses. With all of the options, it can be hard for anyone to choose. I am going to try to help out and provide you with an easy out of the box solution that costs below $100 and is integrated in WordPress, the most widely used blogging software.
With a self-hosted wordpress installation, anyone can create a simple and easy ecommerce site with a shopping cart that is comparable to many. Shopperpress offers an unlimited license wordpress shopping cart theme that can take any wordpress website from simple blog to a fantastic looking ecommerce site. Their theme costs $79 and can be installed on any domain that has wordpress. The following features come with the Shopperpress Shopping Cart theme:
- Unlimited Installation License
- Open Source, no encryption
- Google Adsense/Analytics Ready
- Shipping/Tax options
- Amazon/Ebay/CSV datafeed import options
- Pre-installed with over 20 website designs
- Over 20 Built in payment gateways including Paypal
- Supports the addition of other wordpress plugins
- Multiple currencies
- Built in advertising spots
- Browser based, so customization can be done from any location
ShopperPress has many great user features keeping your website visitors online:
- Members can create accounts to login and monitor their order status, edit their profile and keep updated with site news and products.
- List & Gallery Views giving your visitors more freedom when it comes to viewing your shop products.
- Built in search tools allowing visitors to quickly search and reorder the display of your shop products.
- Coupon Codes, give away coupon codes online so your visitors can enjoy promotional discounts when buying products from your store.
- Multi language & Currency giving visitors the ability to change product prices to local currencies and language settings.
- Bookmark, print and email tools allowing visitors to email and print their favorite pages to show their friends.
Key store features to make you money!
- Easily add or import stores products using the admin area tools, set your own pricing, shipping, tax, promotional costs, extra product mark-up costs, coupons etc all via the admin area in minutes!
- Make money with affiliate stores! Quickly import 1,000’s of products from Amazon, Ebay or using the Datafeedr tool and earn affiliate commission from all the products you sell!
- Sell Website Advertising Slots, Header (468×60), Footer (any size), Left and Right sidebar (250×250, 125×125) easily updated in the admin area including per category advertising slots and Google Adsense ready!
- Setup your own custom fields giving you the ability to setup products with different sizes, types, colors etc + allow visitors to attach an image to the product ideal for customization products like cups,t-shirts etc
Key features to make running the website easy!
ShopperPress makes managing your shopping cart website is a piece of cake! User friendly management interfaces and helpful diagrams built in.
- Dashboard for website overview showing you quickly the amount of products, pages etc you have added to your website including recently sales.
- On/Off theme options and customize the theme the way you want it, edit almost all aspects of your site.
- User friendly admin interface supporting 1,000’s of extra WordPress plugin’s. (SEO plugin’s, video, security etc)
- Monthly sales chart, 20+ built in payment gateways, regional settings to change currency, language, and date format, contact forms etc
- Unlimited shopping cart products, including articles, pages, categories, tags etc, the world is your oyster!
- Shipping & tax options allowing you to create your own shipping prices and setup both country and state tax prices for your website.
I have tested out this shopping cart theme on a couple of client websites and it is extremely easy to setup and run. While I recommend this theme for people that are just starting out in ecommerce, I don’t think this can be a viable option for a full time ecommerce site that has thousands of products. Since it is running on wordpress, there could be issues with data integrity and security. If you are selling 1000 products or less, then this could be a great tool. Shopperpress could also be an easy way to setup multiple affiliate ecommerce sites that are niche based. Since you have unlimited installations under one license and you can install wordpress on any domain, Shopperpress’ theme can be a cost effective way to get into affiliate marketing. Check out Shopperpress for more great features of their shopping cart theme.